Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Camera Rolling : Fake a Smile!


 Right from one’s childhood till date, every one of us has always fantasized about our darling hero/heroine. We’ve always yearned to be like them, adorn clothes like them, have a style and attitude which our beloved star possesses or maybe fight like them! If none of the above is likely, just to meet them once in a lifetime becomes our hearty desire.

   When I ventured into the media industry (leaving behind my parent’s expectations), I started considering Bollywood as the most glamorous industry as all things starry, blingy catches your eye! But trust me, it seems alluring only if you are outside of it, a step into this sensational world, and all the truths shall be bared! As you go deep, it becomes murkier and there comes a point, when you feel fed up, at the verge of giving up and for the rest of your life, you regret to be a part of this industry ever!

  All these are reminiscent of the days I worked for a self-proclaimed ‘No. 1 news channel’ as an ‘Entertainment Reporter’. I was pretty excited when I joined the office because it was finally the time I would get a chance to meet my favourite celebs. I did get one, many a times! But within few days of reporting, visiting sets and studios, I realized I am into one of the worst jobs in the world. Tedious working hours, fake faces smiling at you whereas they back-bite as soon as you move ahead.

If this wasn’t enough, the ever tantrum throwing stars are the biggest pain in your neck! Whenever I used to approach them for a byte, there was a stern straight face ‘NO’ or a pissed off ‘Ok, do it fast’ retort. For me, the most astounding moment used to come when the cameraman used to utter, “Camera Rolling!!!”. The so-called admired stars in all their frustrated or haughty demeanour, had a big smile on their faces as though they were the only angelic creations on Earth and as if they love their audiences a lot! Everything is a sham here, even you have to be a fake at times and in the process, you might lose your identity to an extent that one day you shall question yourself, “What was I and what have I become????”

But what I consider as the nastiest part of my job is the relentless biting of mosquitoes on the sets! How awful of me to write this! But seriously, more than the grumpy celebs, these mosquitoes have troubled me. As I watch a scene being shot in front of me, I scratch my hands and feet. Pathetic, isn’t it?

But anyways, I’ve had my share of enjoyment and depressive moments whilst my working period. There are many things which I shall be apologetic in my whole life, taking this job might be one! But as there are two sides of a coin, there were many joyous moments which I shall cherish forever. Whatever happens, life goes on! Clueless about the future or whatever grim has taken place, we should strive hard to make it better and never forget to SMILE, the REAL one!

P.S. : Haven’t taken any cues from Madhur Bhandarkar’s Page 3 or Heroine!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. the pieces are...thoughtfully written and cut to the very core of our existence as media professional in the entertainment industry...so much of stimulating and humorous experiences/analysis packed in one article....fantastic....:)

    ReplyDelete